Tuesday 16 February 2010

Hollywood director too fat to fly

US director Kevin Smith (star of Dogma, Jay & slient Bob) was left embarrassed after he was asked to get of his flight from Oakland to Burbank because he was overweight.

Smith was shocked by the request, and the Clerks director claims he was told that his weight made him a safety risk.
The airline states that obese passengers must be able to lower both armrests or pay for two seats.

He said on his Twitter page: "I know I'm fat. But was [the flight captain] really justified in throwing me off a flight for which I was already seated?
"I'm way fat. But I'm not THERE just yet. But if I am, why wait till my bag is up and I'm seated WITH ARM RESTS DOWN in front of a packed plane with a bunch of folks who'd already IDed me as Silent Bob" (a character he has played in several of his films).
Smith was offered a £62 voucher as compensation, and managed to board a later flight with the airline.

4 comments:

  1. poor kevin smith. at least he can make fun of the situation (and himself) in a way that only he can.. hence the toilet collapsing incident haha. hot tub servicing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kevin Smith should start workout. its really very embarrassing. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a tough one. You hate to pick on anyone because of their size then again it isn't fair to the person who has to sit next to him if he doesn't fit in his seat. I've seen him recently, and he is really large.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I completely agree with the personal trainer, but the worst part of all of this is the public humiliation. It hurts my heart to think of the embarrassment he must have felt in the moment when exiting the plane, but maybe that moment was the motivation he needed to make an important change in his life.

    ReplyDelete